Campus Action Network (I-CAN)
IAAB’s Campus Action Network, known as I-CAN, is a national network of affiliated Iranian American student groups and representatives from university and high school campuses across the country.
Through I-CAN's interactive virtual forum and convenings, Iranian-American student organizations:
- share resources and ideas
- collaborate on various events and actions
- receive leadership training through IAAB
- participate in various IAAB-related programs
- receive toolkits and resources on I-CAN campaigns
I-CAN participating organizations help shape IAAB's programs, thereby ensuring that IAAB meets the needs of students. I-CAN leaders help guide the direction of the network and advise the network's initiatives and campaigns.
Hailed by industry experts as "highly innovative," the I-CAN resource center and portal continues to promote social networking among Iranian American student groups and connect various student run organizations.
Participating student organizations have access to:
- A local, regional, and national network of fellow Iranian-American students groups
- Central space that houses resources on everything from how to run a successful student organization, fundraising, publicity, how to hold effective group meetings, recruitment and retention, how to organize an event, and a multitude of other materials
- Building joint or simultaneous programs with other participating groups of I-CAN
- Prospective students and incoming freshmen who can find your organization through I-CAN
- Building mentoring programs with participating university and high school groups in order to help high school students with the college admissions process and other specific issues that students face
- Outreach and publicity tools through I-CAN so that individuals and classmates are aware of your organization and programming
- Regional and national collaboration on events and scheduling of events around Norouz to avoid overlapping
- Lists of potential speakers available for events and programs
- Requesting IAAB resources, such as those available through the Student Hub, as well as a more specialized center for participating I-CAN groups
- Publicity through the IAAB website as an affiliated organization as well as advertising your group’s approved programming (see guidelines) through IAAB’s social media and website
- Immediate knowledge of and discounted rates for opportunities available through IAAB for internships, staff/counselor positions for Camp Ayandeh, Student Summit and other programs
- Special consideration for various scholarships and fellowships
Any Iranian student organization on university or high school campuses can become an affiliate of IAAB Campus Action Network (I-CAN). To become an affiliate, please email IAAB with your student group name, school name, and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once you are a part of I-CAN, your group will then receive introductory information from IAAB, a list of resources that are available to you, and information on how to use the online platform.
Throughout the academic year, I-CAN affiliated organizations and representatives will receive support from IAAB staff and a nationwide network of volunteers.
I-CAN is a network of affiliated student organizations and representatives. IAAB’s intention is not to shape the programming or direction of student groups, but to offer tools that will help strengthen each group’s capacity to build successful programs and initiatives. While all types of Iranian-American student groups and organizations may affiliate with I-CAN, IAAB specifically will not endorse any political and/or religious programming in any shape. IAAB is a non-political, non-religious organization that serves the entire Iranian diaspora community, and therefore will not endorse any divisive programming.
I-CAN leaders members will be invited to convene at the 2018 IAAB Conference at New York University. The IAAB Conference will include panels, workshops, and convenings tailored to I-CAN members.
Details for Student Summit 2018 have not yet been announced. Register for IAAB's newsletter to receive future updates.